sobota, 3. oktober 2015

New wardrobe for £8! - London vintage haul

To start my life in a new place, I needed some new clothes to really transform my wardrobe into a more exciting place (to get rid of that gut-wrenching morning feeling of ihavenothingtowearpleasehelp away for good). I was also decided on not spending much money on my upgrade, for obvious reasons (£££). I have found an event that a friend was going to attend (fb) – a huge vintage sale, everything for £1. Sooo I went.



When I was sure, I was in the right area, all I had to do was inconspicuously follow all the funky/hipster dressed people. They lead me past a huge que of people, witch at first, I thought was a queue for something different, it couldn’t be the vintage sale…could it? It was. The mass of people that continued around the block, was about 100m long and 1 m wide –at 11.40am!! (The sale as supposed to start at 11am, and I was going to be there on time. But then traffic happened). Since I had nothing better to do, and I was meeting up with a friend who was also late, I decide to just fry in the sun with the others, reading my 1pound edition of Macbeth and pray to god all the he good pieces won’t be gone by the time I get there.
I got there... in about an hour and a half I met with my friend and paid entrance fee (£1) for both of us, since he didn’t have any change on him. Inside the mysterious chamber that turned out to be a plain white room there were a few pallets (skids) put in a row creating 3 separate corridors for us to walk, some stands with hangers with sweaters and jackets on the sides and a few metal-net boxes with hats and such. I must say, it was a mess. The vintage was really just a synonym (not really) for second hand and it was not at all easy to find pieces that I liked. However, after good 2 and a half hours of deciding and contemplating, I have decided on 6 pieces that I liked, and my friend picked two. We paid £8 at the counter and happily strolled out with bags of clothes that all together cost £10. (AMAZING!!)

1.First thing that I got was super cute looking burgundy coloured fluffy hat, that would go perfectly with a pink dress that I bought at Bestival for - coincidentally - £1 as well.

2. Second thing was a black and white cotton shirt that was actually found by my friend first, but was too small for him. I have worn it a couple of times now and it is very comfortable, versatile and surprisingly warm. (you probably know I love wearing male shirts tho).



3. Just out of curiosity, I picked out a pair of faux leather pants (Yugioh abridged people will relate with me on an emotional level – yes Twigi). I tried them on and to my absolute surprise, they fit like a glove. They were also high waisted, which was something I have been wanting to get for a long time.



4. Well the blue sequin shirt got chosen merely for the laughs, but I may put it to god use some day. Definitely great party wear.


5. The next thing, which is the cute black sweater with pink stars was picked up right at the end for 2 reasons: 1. It had starts (*) and 2. I actually came to the sale to get more warm stuff for winter (and this was actually the only proper winter thing I got XD).



6. Aaand last but not least –drumroll- my absolute favourite thing in my wardrobe right now…. The amazing Andy Warhol Marilyn Monroe skirt. Ta-daaa. So I was just browsing through some boring piles, saw a glimpse of the bright blue and just snatched it before anyone else could get to it. It was meant to be. (I got the bag for free at the UAL freshers’ fair).


So this post sums up all my new clothes bought in England for a total price of £8! (£1 for the dress from Bestival, £1 for the entrance fee to the sale and £6 worth of hidden treasures). So even if the common saying (is it?) goes something along the lines of: “London will take your money…” I think this shows that it will also give you some amazing deals if you take the time to look for them.

2 komentarja: