torek, 11. avgust 2015

Britbound hit the ground running - money well spent -day5

Sooo today was the big - sorting up the official things day. And it went great. First thing in the morning Tim's dad got us a lift to Twickenham so we were able to catch a super fast train to Waterloo. I love everything about the London transport except its prices, since the last time I was here they went up almost 5 pounds!! Thankfully I'll get a student discount when I start studying. 


Anyhow the building where we were headed is home to more organisations than just Britbound, so when we came in and got stopped at the first reception desk, we sat down. The guy was really friendly and all: "Yes yes you've come to the right place, just fill out this form." So I started doing that, in the meantime however he was dealing with another costumer, calculating costs of studying English language for 6 months. Things were starting to look a bit weird especially since I was supposed to attend the arrival party at 11, we were already late upon arriving and the forms were taking waay too long. I politely interrupted him and asked for the first time if this was the Britbound office. It wasn't. So we run along the hall to the actual place. Even though I did not end up applying for an English course, the guy was helpful enough to already offer me a room nearby, might check that out later.

The Britbound hit the ground running package was one of the best things I could have organised to help me get settled in in London. They covered everything from doctors and dentists, to money transfer to getting a job. The staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable...even had a Slovene person working for them, so I was able to switch back to the mother tongue for a quick chit-chat. They also sorted out my sim card, arranged a bank appointment, started dealing with my NI number...just really helpful. Makes you feel that maybe everything IS going to be alright in the end. At the end of the ''lecture'' we headed to a nearby pub, where we were treated to a free lunch. All for only 103€. I’m not getting paid to advertise this, but it really has been great so far :D

Hmm I think today will be the first day actually enjoying a quiet family dinner at home rather than attending parties or hosting them. So brb food ;)

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar