nedelja, 23. avgust 2015

Top 3 things I love about London so far

There have been quite a few changes in my daily routine, food I eat and people I meet. I thought I would sum up some of my favourite things about living here so far :)


1. The people

London is a cultural melting pot. Just sitting on the tube and observinn people is an experience on its own. If you want to step up your game, invite some friends over for a Chinese hotpot and find yourself sitting at the table with an Englishman, a woman from Jamaica, 3 Chinese ladies,2 Sri Lankansand well your Slovene addition to the mix. (Thanks Thushaan for taking the picture ^^)



2. Food

Seedless grapes. I liked grapes before, but something about being able to just bite in it without a surprise of the bitter solid bits in the middle makes it feel completely different. In a split second they become one of your favourite fruits ...just can't get enough of them, NOM.
Thick cream /Doubke cream. I have never seen it in Slovenia. It basically tastes like normal cream, but the consistency is not as watery. It comes close to greek yoghurt maybe. It is perfect for topping deserts, fresh berries or ice cream. --> My new favourite desert is fresh strawberries, topped with a big spoon of thick cream with a crushed meringue on top.

Bigger meringues. Meringues, the sweet light dessert of the gods. I am used to them being small bite-sized puffs of white or pink. Not in England. The smallest I have seen hav a diameter of 7cm!!, In local pastry shops they sell even bigger ones, that look more like loafs of bread then desserts. Well they taste just the same, but in this case, bigger means better :)




3. Amazingly friendly customer service

Whether you are going to a bank, a phone store, clothes shopping or just picking up a coffee, you will almost always be greeted by a friendly employee. They will be informative and helpful while still being able to chat with you, discuss the weather.. XD The person, dealing with the setup of my bank account even offered to charge my phone, because I mentioned the battery was running low from using Citymapper too much. So far I haven't had a bad experience. :D


Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar