sreda, 16. april 2014

DAY 20

Here we go again with experimentation, this time with shoes. Today, the third years have gone to the theatre to watch a Slovene drama by Ivan Cankar, Kralj na Betajnovi.
I already knew, in the morning, that I wanted to wear heels, I just couldn't decide on a pair. Excluding the ones I couldn't or didn't want to wear, I was left with my killer leather boots and my ( I'm not sure how to call them), thick-heeled-bitofplatform-simple-black-laceup shoes.
Because of the colour of my sweater, I thought of a fabric I had had lying around my house for about 2 years now. It was originally bought to make an Alice Madness Returns costume (its a computer game, and it's really pretty, if you haven't yet, CHECK IT OUT! :D). Anyhow I never ended up making the costume.
My initial idea included complicated pattern-making and sewing, but after a couple of minutes of staring into the shoes, I just went with my gut and chose a simple, yet still effective, option. I cut (actually ripped - some fabrics only need a small cut, and than if you pull 2 parts apart, it will rip in a perfectly straight line) 2 strips. 7 cm wide and 120 cm long (standard fabric). Since I was working with 100% polyester, all I had to do was warm up the sides of the strips with a lighter to prevent loose threads. Then I wrapped them around the heel of the shoe and my ankle, tied a bow in the back and...they were ready. I combined them with black leggings, a short fitted black dress - that in this case functioned as a skirt, pink-ish pullover, dark blue leather jacket and dark blue shoulder-strap bag.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar