sreda, 30. april 2014

DAY 34

Today started with a beautiful sunny morning and my sister discovering an enormous ice crystal on the cap of one of the frozen sauce containers. It was amazing, I couldn't really catch it on the camera but I had no idea sauce containers could be so beautiful.





The weather deity was really indecisive today. One minute it was raining, the next, there was blinding sun. I decided that I spend most of today inside and not studying. Since its Wednesday - middle of the week I figured I could afford a day off and get started on some of my art projects.

 I chose to rejuvenate one of my old, eaten by clothes moths, cardigan. I've wanted to try this technique for a long time, but never got a real chance, or an excuse. ^^ I started by  stretching the cardigan over  a disassembled shoe box, then drew a line in the middle and then 2 more lines to limit my cuts. At first I was going to use a knife but after some tries, scissors proved to be more practical. I then used the twining technique, that I learned here. I then started making more cuts, so I could fill up the whole back side. The hardest part for me was keeping things as symmetrical as possible. I ended up with 5 loose ends. In tutorial the girl just tied them together, but since I had 5 of them and I wanted to make sure they stay in place, I used a sewing machine to secure them in place.

 I also learned how to drive a Yikebike with my brother. It's powered by electricity and weighs only 14 kg. My dad brought it home from some conference and I haven't been able to try it till now. At first it was quite difficult, but its not that hard to stir once you reach higher speeds.
I will now go watch X-men with my brother (have to watch the first ...3,4,5? if I want to see the latest one in the cinema). ^^


Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar